Privacy matters but it can be confusing. This page explains our approach to privacy on all our Ruwac Asia websites and how it affects you.
• We collect anonymous statistics about your visit to our website, like which of our pages you viewed.
• If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
• We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services.
These are just the key points. If you need detail, keep reading.
Measuring our visitors
We measure visitors to our websites and products using Google Analytics. This service records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer.
We anonymise the data in Google Analytics – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
We use Zendesk so you can chat with us while browsing our website. Much like an analytics service, Zendesk records the pages you view within our site and some basic information about your computer. This information helps our sales and support staff provide you with the best help possible.
While browsing our websites, your information is anonymised – Zendesk only knows your email address and name if you choose to share it as part of a live chat. However, when you log into one of our tools, we share basic information with Zendesk such as your name and email address so that we can better provide you with support should you contact us.
We also use Zendesk to send you relevant messages (by email or pop-up) based on your current activity, e.g. a welcome message with links to our help documentation when you log into one of our products for the first time.
Zendesk data is deleted 3 months after your last visit.
If you email our technical support, we store this communication in Zendesk. Your email address, name and any other information contained in your message to us will be stored by them.
If you sign up for a service
When you sign up for or use any of our services or otherwise – we will record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address.
We will also collect and store information about your use of our services so as to improve them. For example, we keep a log of what features are being used at any time.
We also log account and transaction history for accounting purposes, and to monitor our business activities.
Any data you provide us with is securely stored in databases managed by us, and hosted by Microsoft Azure. Microsoft does not have access to your data.
We delete your data from our servers 12 months after you terminate your service with us. We may retain some information where it is legally necessary (e.g. for accounting reasons). If you wish for us to delete your personal data sooner, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may send you email notifications regarding your service (such as contact form notification when a report is completed). You have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time and we will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties.
RUWAC take many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
• Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data
• Hardware stored in secured data centers behind firewalls
• All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key
• Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Of course, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at RUWAC Asia will ever ask you for your password, so please don’t trust anybody asking you for it.
Updates to this policy
COOKIES POLICY FOR RUWAC ASIA
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Account related cookies
- Login related cookies
- Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Surveys related cookies
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioral advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including the social networks whose features you have integrated with your site, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.